Friday, January 7, 2011

Nk'mip Chardonnay - Qwam Qwmt At That.

So, I guess it's now time to start zipping through a few postings. That way, I'll at least feel like I'm off to a good start with the recently resolved goal of catching up with wines gone by.

701. 2004 Nk'mip Qwam Qwmt Chardonnay (VQA Okanagan Valley)

I might actually be able to make a quick(er) go of this posting - not because of the wine but - because I'm not going to do much research or talk much about the Nk'mip winery. I've already added about 5 or 6 Nk'mip wines to The List, including one of the very first wines we enjoyed (#9). So, there's bound to be a bit of information that's already been passed on about North America's first aboriginal-owned winery.

As you can see by the deep colour of the wine, we may have waited a tad too long before we opened this bottle. We're definitely finding that many BC reds are proving to be age-worthy. Perhaps it's a little too soon to hope for the same from the whites - even when they are oaked.

I seem to recall far more fruit and balance on this wine when we bought it at the winery so many years back. I'm not much of a Chardy drinker and this bottle didn't do anything to convince me to run to Chardonnay a whole lot more - but I won't hold it against the folks at Nk'mip. I think I did the wine a dis-service by waiting this long.

I'm sure that there'll be more to come down the road though.

No comments:

Post a Comment