Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Maybe a White Will Change Things Up

Admittedly, the Canucks are down a game to the Kings. So, what does a sporting team do when things just don't seem to be going their way? They change things up a bit. That's what I'm going to try with our wines for this series. We've been drinking all reds so far in this first round of the NHL playoffs and things haven't exactly gone convincingly in the Canucks' direction.

Maybe it's time for a white - and, boy, do we have one.

427. 2006 La Frenz Chardonnay (Naramata Bench - Okanagan Valley)

I'm not the biggest Chardonnay drinker. I'm not exactly ABC (Anything But Chardonnay), but it's not my "go to" white.

I could, however, drink this La Frenz - bottle after bottle after bottle.
The winery refers to this wine as having a "peaches and cream style" and I just know that I love it. Great fruit, full body and oak that's integrated and not over-powering.

I don't know if going white was the reason or not, but the Canucks (in their white jerseys) scored a stellar come-from-behind win to tie up the series. Now it's back to Vancouver where the boys can try and take the series lead again.

No comments:

Post a Comment