Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spaghetti Birthdays

There wasn't a whole lot of wine in play tonight, but there was a lot of birthday action. Three of them in fact. Grampa, Stargirl and Skeletor (although minus her scary hoodie here).

As is often the case when Gramma, the grandkids and dinner is involved, it was a night on the town at Spaghetti Factory. You can almost guarantee a table's worth of Manager's Favourite orders. I don't think I've ever seen the Spag Factory Zagat-rated, but it keeps the grandkids and Gramma happy.

158. 2007 Ruffino Chianti (Chianti DOCG)

I can't swear that, the last time I had a bottle of Ruffino, it was still in the old fiasco (straw covered) bottle, but it has been a long time. In fact, we might have drunk Ruffino back in the day because we needed the bottles as atmospheric candle holders. That's got to tell you something about how long it's been.

The Factory doesn't exactly have a huge wine list though and at least this was an honest Italian.

I don't think that there's not an awful lot to say about either the evening or the wine. However, Ruffino is the best selling Chianti in the U.S. and it's been around for over 130 years. I suppose they must be doing something right. Maybe I'm just not a Chianti kind of guy.

I do admit that we spent more time with Rosso di Montalcino when we were drinking wines from the Sangiovese grape in Tuscany last year. Another time, I suppose (and hope).

As for the third pic, of course it's Vixen, the sister, teaching the kids the best way to enjoy their spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment