Saturday, July 25, 2009

Another BCWAS Hit Event


The BC Wine Appreciation Society had its summer BBQ and really outdid itself this time around in my mind. A wonderful location and perfect weather. An Incredible spread cooked up by past-President and perpetual personality Tim. A full assortment of Poplar Grove wines for tasting. And winemaker Ian Sutherland leading a small-group vertical tasting of three vintages of the winery's flagship Legacy.

What more could you ask for?

Well, other than the fact that I don't get to add another bottle to The List. Darn these tastings where I'm not really enjoying my way through a particular bottle or bottles of wine.

I don't think that many would argue against Poplar Grove's being identified as one of the Okanagan's premier wineries over the years. With a major expansion and the debut of an introductory "Monster" line of wines, it will be interesting to see if the standards are maintained. Every indication that we had from the current wines poured would seem to say that everything remains on course.

Interesting and personable, Mr. Sutherland added another dimension to the wine in the glass and how it got there.

My particular favourites were a Shiraz (that naturally isn't available as a current vintage) and the 2003 Legacy. I'll hope for and look ahead to the occasion when I can actually enjoy a bottle and add it to The List.

No comments:

Post a Comment